Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Busy life!

Hi All!! I am still here! Some of you have been wondering where I have been. It is just getting a bit busier with the end of the school year activities, field trips, and extra Dr. visits. I had my mammogram and they saw some things they wanted to check out. I have been to the Dr. way too much lately. I have one more test on the 15th, but so far everything is fine. PLT!!

My husband did not get the civilian job in Tampa, but the military says they have more work right here while he keeps looking. He is working LONG hours right now but they are taking good care of him. He goes to Qutar in June for a few weeks for another conference. The next IED conference after that will be right here at MacDill. That will be nice !

The kids only have a few weeks of school left. I am glad , but now I have to find things to keep them busy without spending too much money. It will be more difficult getting my turn on the computer when they are all here all day. Even my 5 year old wants her turn! We have family visiting in June and that will be a wonderful distraction.

Things are going well with eating the IR way! I am starting to let myself get excited that I am finally going to get rid of the extra "baby wt."! I am down 9 lbs since starting early April. Little by little- as long as the number is going down!!

April here in FL is considered the dry month. It has been in the 80's and low 90's and no rain. Our yards all look pretty pitiful. We are only allowed to water 2 days a week. We got a letter the other day from the HA assoc. telling us to work on our lawn so now my son is watering it each night. If someone complains I'll show them the letter. You can't make the lawn look better with out water!!

I am a Medical Assistant, not currently working, and this weekend, Fri-Sat, I am going to the FL Society of Medical Assistants Conference in Orlando. John is taking leave on Friday to take care of the kids and I get to go alone! I will be earning some CEU's and having some Me time. I have not had that since I was alone in the hospital in Germany last year in March. That was quiet, but not fun.

I'll try and get on here more often!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's so great to hear from you! That is really exciting about the weight loss. The number doesn't really matter, as long as you are feeling better physically and mentally. I will continue praying about the job situation and your tests.

McMom said...

I am feeling much better and I almost don't miss all the things I can't eat. Thank-you for your prayers!