Tuesday, March 18, 2008
The date of this coming Easter is quite early this year, but I didn't know the details shown below.
Easter is always the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon after the Spring Equinox (which is March 20). This dating of Easter is based on the lunar calendar that Hebrew people used to identify passover, which is why it moves around on our Roman calendar.
Here's the interesting info. This year is the earliest Easter any of us will ever see the rest of our lives! And only the most elderly of our population have ever seen it this early (95 years old or above!). And none of us have ever, or will ever, see it a day earlier! Here's the facts:
1) The next time Easter will be this early (March 23) will be the year 2228 (220 years from now). The last time it was this early was 1913 (so if you're 95 or older, you are the only ones that were around for that!).
2) The next time it will be a day earlier, March 22, will be in the year 2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on March 22 was 1818. So, no one alive today has or will ever see it any earlier than this year!
Interesting, huh! That means Johns ,Grandma Nora was only 11 days old the last time Easter came this early....Not that she would ever be old! She just celebrated her 95th B-day!
Wishing you all a very Blessed and Happy Easter.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Our family has a tradition of finding a special bakery near where we live. We did not really find one in Florida because they do not really have any that "fit the bill". At least not that we could find. There were some special cookies at Disney World that we had to get when we went there.
When John was little his family went to the Black Diamond Bakery http://www.blackdiamondbakery.com/ He took me there when we were dating, but I don't think we have taken the kids there.
When we first married and lived in Ellensburg we went to the Cle Elum Bakery. They do not have a web site but here is a very old picture of it.
When we moved to Wenatchee we went to a bakery in Levenworth WA. A wonderful Barvarian themed town. http://www.leavenworth.org/ The Bakery was called Home Fires Bakery
http://www.homefiresbakery.com/ We had a family picture taken outside this bakery on their property one year .
When we lived in Omak we went to a bakery in Twisp WA called Cinnnamon Twisp Bakery
Most of our bakery memories have been in Washington. We found a neat bakery when we lived in Virginia but I can't remember the name of it.
When we lived in Germany there were bakeries everywhere!!! YUM!!! Anyway this is our bakery history! Now we just need to find a special one around here!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
1. I feel the need .... the need for speed!
2. You see? Death comes to us all. But before it comes to you, know this: your blood dies with you. A child who is not of your line grows in my belly. Your son will not sit long on the throne. I swear it!
3.The man of my dreams has almost faded now. The one I have created in my mind. The sort of man each woman dreams of, in the deepest and most secret reaches of her heart. I can almost see him now before me. What would I say to him if he were really here? "Forgive me. I have never known this feeling. I have lived without it all my life. Is it any wonder, then, I failed to recognise you? You, who brought it to me for the first time. Is there any way that I can tell you how my life has changed? Any way at all to let you know what sweetness you have given me? There is so much to say. I cannot find the words. Except for these: I love you". Such would I say to him if he were really here.
4.That's all I have to say about that.
5. I will think on you dead, until my husband makes you so. And then I will think on you no more.
7. If some lives form a perfect circle, others take shape in ways we cannot predict or always understand. Loss has been part of my journey. But it has also shown me what is precious. So has love for which I can only be grateful.
8.Well, if I'm gonna get killed, I got a hankerin' to soothe my sweet tooth.
9.So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.
10.How can you see places like this... and have moments like this and not believe?
There are so many it was hard to choose!
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Boys will be boys!!! Across the road is some woods and they go there with John and "hunt". They actually take their BB guns and target pratice. It is just neat to see them playing together OUTSIDE!!!