Thursday, February 21, 2008

STUFF, STUFF, STUFF

I did say I wanted my STUFF from storage, didn't I!? It has been there for 3 1/2 yrs. and there were a lot of things I was missing. Sentimental things. These are just pictures of the boxes. I did not quite realize how overwhelming this would be. I open the boxes and look at the stuff and have all kinds of reactions. Like" I didn't know I had that" and even a few "I have never seen that before"! There were a lot of awww's when I got to pictures of my children. There are things that were very precious to me and now with some of it I am like ,"What was I thinking?" A lot of it has to go! I am going to have to have a huge garage sale. Maybe more than one! These boxes mostly have books in them. We love books! Needless to say they were part of the cause for the heavy weight of our shipment. (11,000 lbs) ugh!!
There are a lot of clothes in these boxes too. My oldest son was 5'5" when these things went into storage and now he is 6'1". I am pretty sure his clothes will not fit!!
Clothes!! We never dreamed all this would stay in storage so long. We left EVERYTHING when we went to be with John in Germany. back in 04. All we took was 9 suitcaes of things we thought we could not live without. Pray for me as I wade through all this. I really need to let a lot of it go.
Ugh!

CV was with me when it all arrived. She was such a help and a big moral support!!! She is the BEST!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We never see the road ahead, only the turns.

You are gonna make A FORTUNE at your yard sale!

Plus, it's so much fun, the freakshow comes to you!

aola said...

oh..my... gosh...

yeah, I see a HUGE garage sale in your future.

Sandra said...

Wow! That's a lot of stuff! :) I have to be in the right frame of mind to go through things or else it will take me forever because I reminisce over everything!

McMom said...

It is a bit painful. I know MOST of it has to go. But it was all part of our life at one time. It is kind of like opening a big time capsule.

Seeker said...

How was the weekend? Get your stuff unpacked?

McMom said...

I am working on it! Part of me wants to load what I don't want up and haul it away, but I need to have the garage sale and try to get some money for it.