Friday, March 14, 2008

Bakeries

Today Aola mentioned that she found a new bakery and it got me to thinking about bakeries.

Our family has a tradition of finding a special bakery near where we live. We did not really find one in Florida because they do not really have any that "fit the bill". At least not that we could find. There were some special cookies at Disney World that we had to get when we went there.



When John was little his family went to the Black Diamond Bakery http://www.blackdiamondbakery.com/ He took me there when we were dating, but I don't think we have taken the kids there.



When we first married and lived in Ellensburg we went to the Cle Elum Bakery. They do not have a web site but here is a very old picture of it.



When we moved to Wenatchee we went to a bakery in Levenworth WA. A wonderful Barvarian themed town. http://www.leavenworth.org/ The Bakery was called Home Fires Bakery

http://www.homefiresbakery.com/ We had a family picture taken outside this bakery on their property one year .

When we lived in Omak we went to a bakery in Twisp WA called Cinnnamon Twisp Bakery

http://www.cinnamontwisp.com/

Most of our bakery memories have been in Washington. We found a neat bakery when we lived in Virginia but I can't remember the name of it.

When we lived in Germany there were bakeries everywhere!!! YUM!!! Anyway this is our bakery history! Now we just need to find a special one around here!


3 comments:

aola said...

so,cheri, what does that say about us I wonder?

bakeries and libraries... in every place I've ever lived that is the first thing I find

there were some really good ones in Montana

the ones in Ada suck

the new one in Holdenville is wonderful but I wish they offered more variety

I want one that does breads and flaky pastries

I need to live somewhere besides here!

Kristen said...

When you come to Oly and stay for a while, there are two good German bakeries I can take you to! :)

What's your favorite thing to try?

McMom said...

Something with chocolate!