Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bonding



My parents were here for a visit this past week. We had a great visit!! One of the special things about the visit is that my Mom was able to do some bonding with Emily. Because we have lived so far away for almost 7yrs. ( she was 8mos old when we moved away) Emily has not been able to be around my parents much. My boys all were around them more when they were little. Anyway Emily is kind of in a shy stage right now also and so it has been hard for us to get her to interact well with others. This week she had some quality time with Grandma and I think we turned a corner. They read together every night and Mom did some sewing for her. The activity she really enjoyed was planting flowers and strawberries. I am glad they had so much fun doing this!!

5 comments:

Christine said...

That's so awesome!

Sandra said...

This is so sweet and it is one of the things I can't wait for Erin to have. We won't be living close to my mom, but we will be close to my dad and stepmom and my grandmother and aunts. I'm really excited for her to get to know them.

Kristen said...

So sweet. :)

Unknown said...

It's great to finally be close enough to get some real time with the little ones.

It's hard to have a relationship with a photograph and an intermittent visitor.

M. C. Pearson said...

How fun! I love visits...and gardening. ;-)

Thanks for the comment. It has been so long since that I've been in touch with you...or any of my old bloggy buddies! I so want that to change. ;-D