Friday, August 01, 2008

NEWS

The big news here today is, I got a job!!! I have been "sorta" looking for awhile and the one that I think will work was offered to me today.

I was offered a job a few weeks ago, but the hours were not right. They wanted me to work 7 am- 6 pm 4 days a week. I felt that was a bit much to jump into from having not worked outside the home for 7 yrs. I also want to be here in the morning to send the kids off to school. They do not really have much of a memory of me working outside the home. When I did Grandma was there or their "Aunt" Kim or Daddy. Any way this will be a big change, but we could use the extra income and like I have said before when the kids are all at school I really get lonley here alone at home. I also LOVE being a Medical Assistant and am excited to get back into it!! I am nervous too, but one of the PA's I will be working for confided to me that I have more experience than any of their Medical Assistants currently employed there. Everyone was very nice and I hope I will be a good addition to their team.

The job I was offered will be in an Internal Medicen clinic working for one Dr. and two PA's. I will work Mon- Thur 8:30- 5. I start next Tuesday. It would have been Monday but the boys trip to help Auntie Awesome has turned into a family affair. We all wanted to see Cara and she says she could use my help too. I sure hope so , she does sooo much for us, I would like to give back!!!
Anyway we are excited to see her on Monday and then I start the new job on Tuesday.

My two older boys are going to watch the two younger kids while I work until school starts. I am going to pay them to make it worth their while and seem more like a job. They both are wanting to earn money. John will also be home just after 4 in the afternoon too.

Well I guess I have rambled on enough about that! Think of me Tuesday!! I will be nervous, but I am very excited!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome news! You are the best nurse evar and they are lucky to have you!

I'm so happy for you and proud of you!

Woohoo! I'm also thrilled that I get to spend your last 'non outside work' day with you!

:)

Kristen said...

Congratulations! You are going to do great! I hope the transition goes smoothly for you and your family!

aola said...

WoW! That's great news!

I've found that if I pay the boys a little something something for taking care of(our) Emily they are much nicer to her and more conscientious because it is a "job".

Hope the new routine works out for everyone.

Sandra said...

Yeah!!!! How do you like the new job so far?

Michelle said...

I am from the Renton area. I went to Renton High School. We moved there back in 1972. I have lived in Tacoma (stationed at Fort Lewis) and we lived in Kent from 1999-2005 then we moved to Vancouver and lived there until moving to Florida. I am hoping to visit at the end of October.