Friday, January 05, 2007

Duped!!!

Boy was I duped good today!! I am mad and hurt, but calmer now!

I recently decided to look into finding part time work as a Medical Assistant. I have not actively
worked in that role for about 5 yrs., but with our property tax going up 2000.00 dollars this year I am looking for extra income.

Anyway I answered an ad for a Medical Assistant in the paper and faxed them my resume and cover letter on Monday. Yesterday they called and said they were an ENT , cosmetic surgery office, and set up an interview for today.

To make a long story short, I arrived at the address given to me and it was a freaken STRIP CLUB!!! I immediately left and called my hubby in tears.

He could only talk to me because he is still in SC, BUT he comes home tomorrow!! Yea!
There is nothing we can really do about it except call and complain to the newspaper so they can cancel the ad. Anyway I have wasted a big chunk of my day on this!!

Aside from that the New Year is going well so far. We had a wonderful time with my husband in SC during Christmas break and made it home safe and sound after buying two new tires. He comes home tomorrow and we can get back to "normal"family life. He is applying for jobs in the beautiful NW (Washington and Oregon) in hopes of moving back closer to family and the wonderful mountains. He has been applying all along but there are a couple of good prespects right now.

Well I guess I am done venting!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

McMom, I'm sorry this happened to you...but, I admit...I am laughing just a little bit. :) I'm so glad your hubby gets to home!!! And it's nice to see you write a post finally. :p

Unknown said...

I think you should call a local 'Investigative News Team' and have them apply....

I wonder if it is a cover that they use often to hire women who need work.

If she's hot she gets the proposal:

"Wouldn't you like to make $700 a night instead of $700 a month?"

I bet they have been doing it for years!

I am sorry that this happened to you! I'll be glad when you all are back in the PNW.

McMom said...

Its OK if you laugh!
I can't wait to get back to the PNW too!!!

Kristen said...

C'mon back to Washington!