Sunday, May 04, 2008

Birthday boys!

This weekend we celebrated John and James birthdays! We celebrated Johns today, this is his b-day. He likes pie alot so I made him a berry pie with 4 different berries in it, The first time I celebrated Johns birthday with him we were dating and he was turning 25. I can't believe it has been 20 yrs already!!!! I was living with my aunt at the time and she let me make him dinner. I made Chicken Cacciatore from a recipe I found in a magazine. I still have the magazine. We had only known each other a few months and this was the first time I had cooked for him and I was nervous. He kept the conversation going at dinner by telling me ALL about Robert the Bruce. Yawn!! ( I still tease him about that sometimes) He loves Robert the Bruce and William Wallace and after 20 years I have grown to enjoy hearing ALL about them. Brave Heart is one of my favorite movies!

Saturday my sister-in-law and her kids came to help celebrate James birthday.
Ten years ago Jamesy boy came into this world lickey split,- when he decided to come! Auntie Cara came to be with me because we thought it would be anytime! After spending a long weekend with me and at least 2 false alarms she had to go home on a Monday. She went with me to take Scottie to Kindergarten and then had to leave. She said her cell phone battery was dead so I could not call her. Anyway after she was gone I went to get the oil changed in our car. (everyone else was asleep at home because they had been with me at the hospital till 3 am and I was not tired anymore so I thought lets get the oil changed) While I was waiting for the car the pains started up again. Not too regular though. I went home and even went back to get Scott when he got out of school at 11:30. After I got home with Scott the pains got really hard and my Mom rushed me back to the hospital. Anyway James was here by 2 pm. He came very fast! John almost did not make it to the hospital. Auntie Cara was very sad she missed it! Anyway James has not slowed down!! He is a very sweet ,busy boy and I can't believe he is 10!!!
Here is my sister-in-law , my kids, and the cousins! It is so nice being closer to family again!!!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow! What fun! I love hearing birth stories, too. :)

Ma Ingalls with ADHD said...

whos on guitar in the background of the JOhn picture? :)

McMom said...

My oldest son Scott who had the birthday last month. The guitar was a gift from his Auntie Cara(CV). Cara was not at this recent gathering she is coming to visit hopefully tomorrow!

Unknown said...

I cried my head off when I got home and found out I had missed James being born by just minutes. I manged to miss every single baby get born. I was there for Scottie but since he was a c-section baby I couldn't be in the room.

Some things you just have to miss I guess.

Tomorrow I have to take very very sick kitty to the vet, but then I'm going to plan on Wednesday coming out for a little visit.

:) Certainly beats the once every 2 years thing anyway!