Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday

I spoke with Randy and Katie is doing better. She was up walking around. She is having trouble forming sentences and can't read yet but Randy believes that will all come with time. Katie is understandably a bit discouraged, but Randy is expecting a full recovery. Katie is a very active lady and works hard on their farm. She was excited to here about the baby lambs, who are doing very well, and Randy was going to show her a picture of them when he went back to the hospital today.

Cara came over and since it was such a beautiful day we took her to see some local sights. A former fort from WWII and a driftwood beach. We tried to go to a local bakery, but it was closed. Insted we went to a coffee place that had baked good and Aunt Cara spoiled everyone with a treat. FUN!!

When the lambs come home next week Randy is going to set them up in our barn and he is going to let us take care of them. He will provide everything we need. The kids are excited!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm sending lots of light to Katy! I hope her recovery goes smoothly!

Your lamb story was so sweet! I love little babies of any kind. I used to work on my aunt's (she wasn't really an aunt) milk farm and my favorite job was feeding the calf's. They were so cute!

Have fun with the little lambs. :)

aola said...

Glad to hear Katy is up and around. She sounds like a strong woman.

and you are just a great neighbor and friend.

Unknown said...

I had fun, and the abandoned fort was very cool.