Thursday, July 13, 2006

Surgery

Boy has this been a busy summer! When I last posted I was wondering how I would keep my kids busy all summer, now they go back to school in 3 weeks! Aug. 3rd! They have been "hogging" the computer and I have not been on here much.

June we got to see a lot of family. My parents and nephew came to our house for 2 1/2 weeks and then Johns Dad a step Mom and younger brother and sister rented some rooms in Orlando and we ( Johns older brother and family) all descended upon then for most of a week 16 of us!!! It was wonderful to see family. Johns Mom and step Dad now live 2 hours away so we see them more often now. They will be here tonight in fact.

They finally finished poking and prodding me and I am having surgery tomorrow at 12:30 EST. There is a breast duct that they want to remove. They do not believe it is cancer, but said it could turn into cancer later. SO I am getting it out! It is supposed to be same day surgery , and I will come home in the evening. I would appreciate your prayers! Another surgery to add to the list. Ugh!!

Other than that everything is great! I looks like the military will keep us here for about another 18 mos. No more moves yet!
I'll try and post again after the surgery! Thank-you for your prayers!

Also on another positive note! Since learning about IR ,and finding out the right way to eat for this "syndrome", I have lost 20+ pounds! This makes me very happy! It has been a 5 year struggle. There is still more I want to lose , but I know how to get it off now. At least the way it works for me.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, Cheri. You are going into surgery in about an hour--I'm praying for you!

McMom said...

Thank-you!