Sunday, July 30, 2006

New school year!

School starts Thursday and I must confess I am looking forward to it! I love my kids VERY much, but they do not act like they love each other very much sometimes. Some days this summer it felt like all I did was mediate arguments. I think kids need their " space" and alone time and with all four being home most days, they were not getting it. They also seemed to think we should go somewhere each day, not thinking about the work I still need to do at home. I did try and find ways to spend one on one time with each child. They are each funny and amazing!

My" baby" starts Kindergarten this year! I can't believe it! I hope to get more involved with volunteering at their schools. I was limited with what I could do last year with Emily still at home.

There are some talented Moms out there, with more kids than I have, that can homeschool without a hitch, my Mom did it, but I don't seem to be one of them. Things did not go too well when I homeschooled them in Germany. Anyway they have great schools here and the kids are doing well.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Boy, when I think about the grief my sister and I gave our mom over the summers when we were little... I'd have killed us, for sure. :) We were awful.

Seeker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seeker said...

This summer, I learned from my children that dumping all the ice in my freezer into the pool will not cool down the pool.

And the freezer will not make enough ice for tea when this is done at 4:00 pm.

And warm tea for supper is yucky.

And a bowl of Ramen Noodle Soup when heated for 2 minutes in the microwave WITHOUT water will create a WHOLE LOT of black smoke.

And it will take about 3 days for the horrible odor of burnt Ramen Noodles to dissipate from the house.

Yes...I'm ready for school to start!!!

McMom said...

That is funny seeker!!

Unknown said...

Dear McMom,

When I think of all that the other moms don't do that you DO, you leave them in the dust.

You are an amazing woman! I think it is fantastic that the kids get to have the wide variety of experiences and educational opportunities that they are going to have this year, plus a mom who will have had the benefit of a little alone time herself during the day.

I noticed something at training camp this week. When I was taking photos and clicking away at max velocity there were people behind me who were going "wow-man-i want a camera like that" and asking me who I work for. I was looking at the woman who was on the field with a lens as big around as my arm with a PRESS PASS and wanting to be her.

There will always be someone who we think we don't measure up to....and people who wish they could measure up to us.

YOU are an amazing, wonderful, talented, and perfect person just as you are.

Enjoy the benefits of public education!

McMom said...

Thank-you sweet CV!!