Sunday, January 29, 2006

I'm still here

I have not posted in a week but I am still here! Life just seems to consume my time! When the kids are home they all want their turn on the computer and my husband has been using it a lot more lately filling out job applications. When he is home he usually does not want to be at the computer anymore having been in front of one all day.

My husbands Mom and step Dad are visiting this weekend, so I felt I had to have the house "perfect". I stressed about it like I usually do and then they arrived 2 hours early, so it wasn't ready anyway! To top that off I wasn't ready either! I had come from the gym and had not cleaned up yet and was also stuck on the phone. Two of my kids and my in-laws all walked in the door at once. I shared this all with my hubby and he just laughed! But he understands why I fret! The weekend has gone nicely though.

My husband and I went yesterday to pick out wood flooring for the carpeted area in our front dining and living areas. We found something we like and it may be all installed by the end of the week! Yea! I did not know the carpets were so bad when we bought this house, so it will be a great improvement. We want to put wood in our bedroom also, but we will do that later.

Well this is just chatter. I will try and post something more thought provoking later, when I can think myself.

7 comments:

Seeker said...

Let us know how the wood flooring goes. Are you installing it yourselves?

Kelly and I are considering that for our living room.

McMom said...

No, we are not installing it ourselves. John just does not have any free time so we whimped out. We would have loved to try. In FL you have to put this water barrrier stuff down that is expensive ($200.00 for 5 gal.) and smells really bad.

Jennifer said...

I love hard wood flooring. It's so beautiful and cozy. Does collect dust though.

Seeker said...

Ahhh, but so does carpet! You just can't see it as easily.

McMom said...

I think it is easier to keep wood or tile floors clean. In Germany we had tile all through our flat. It also helps keep allergies at "bay". They are installing our wood on Wednesday and I can't wait. I will try and post a picture, before and after!

aola said...

We have eliminated all the carpet in our house except for the dining room and one bedroom. I hate carpet, it is so nasty. At least with wood or tile you can see the dirt and get rid of it.
My current project is remodeling the kitchen in our guest cabin. I just about have the cabinets finished and am going to start on the floor next. Mark and I are going to lay a wood floor and I will put polyurethane on it when we are finished. I really would like to install granite counter tops but can't justify the cost.

I enjoy the chit-chat, doesn't always have to be heavy or thought provoking.

McMom said...

Thanks Aola! They finished putting the floors in yesterday and just need to come back and put on the last of the trim. They also need to collect the money! I will try and post some pictures soon.