Sunday, January 15, 2006

Rom 8:28

My last post had me thinking more about that almost fatal asthma attack and the hospital stay that went with it. I had quite a few visitors and well wishers while I was there. The family I was a nanny for brought me 2 dozen yellow roses. (I actually just remembered that) But there was another friend that visited that was a great encouragement. My life verse is Romans 8:28 and has been for a long time. I don't know if this friend knew this , but they came and visited me and chose to read Romans 8 to me. The whole chapter! I remember it was a sunny spring day . Spring is a sign of life. Anyway it was a blessing to me and I had a peace that I would be O.K.!
I don't know if I will ever see this friend again in this life, but it is a memory I cherish forever in my heart.

Friends are truly blessings from God!

10 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That's a great verse. I'm glad your asthma attack wasn't fatal. It must have been scary for you to go through...

Keasty said...

My wife Fay is an asthmatic. I've nearly lost her before, but seems we've got it under control now.
Rom 8:28 is one of my verses too.
Thanks for sharing the story.
Excitement - we're departing from Sydney on 1 Feb and arrive in Miami on 15 March after 6 wks in Sth America. My daughter bought a sleeping bag today and she is stoked!

Seeker said...

My youngest daughter has asthma, but not nearly as bad as yours. She was in the emergency rooms about a half-dozen times when she was a baby. She still has an inhaler and I just got her a prescription for Singulair. She loves it!

I've read Romans 8 to I don't know how many dozens of sick and dying people and their families. Seems there is always something there to minister comfort to believers.

Jennifer said...

I had a near fatal hospital stay in the Spring, too. Actually, it was Winter when I went in, and when I got out it was Spring! It was such a blessing to see the trees budding and flowers blooming as a sign from God that life goes on!

McMom said...

Seeker! I hope Singulair works as well for your daughter! It really did change my life in MANY ways!

Keasty said...

Fay and I are taking enough medication for half the people in the USA I think! We're on Seretide Accuhaler. Our doc has gone off on holidays so I can't ask him about Singulair. Glad it is so effective though.

McMom said...

Keasty you may be on something better already. If it is working, don't "rock the boat". I have been on Singulair since 1999 and there are more new meds out there now.

Seeker said...

Asthma is such a pervasive condition.

I wonder if there is anyway to measure its impact on your life. How many decisions have been influenced by it? How many of your most memorable life experiences revolve around it? How has it shaped your personality?

I'm glad you have found something that works for you!

McMom said...

Oh Seeker, that question sure gets me thinking! I could go on "forever" answering it. BUT, I made it!

M. C. Pearson said...

Your friend sounds like an angel. How wonderful God's word is to bringing peace in your soul.