Thursday, January 12, 2006

Who Am I?

Well I'am entering the world of blogging! I don't consider myself to be much of a writer but I will do my best.

Who Am I? I'am first a follower of Jesus! Without that realationship none of my other relationships would be what they are today. Second I'am a wife. I have an incredible husband and we have been married almost 17 yrs! It is through my relationship with my husband and watching him as a father that I have gotten a better picture of my Heavenly Father and what that relationship should be like. I'am also a military wife, my husband is in the Air Force Reserves and has been on full time active duty since July 2001. Since 9/11 they have kept him very busy. I'am thankful though that we have only been seperated 4 mo. during this time. I adore him and love being his wife! His Helpmate!!

Next I'am a mother to 4 great kids! We have 3 boys and a suprise girl. Scott is 13, Michael 11, James 7,and Emily 5. They keep me very busy and I have learned alot from them as I try to be there mother. You acquire a lot of "people skills" raising kids! I 'am also a Medical Assistant (Doctors office Nurse). I have not worked in that capacity for 4 years now but I keep my credentials up and after Emily is in school I will probably work again. I would like to finish getting my RN someday. After my family, nursing is my passion! Maybe it is from being in the hospital so much!

I'am also a friend and I hope I have been a good friend. I have been blessed with good friends wherever we go. Some friendships are for a season, but I know we would connect again easily if we saw eachother, and some friendships are for a life time. My husband is my very best friend, but I have several girlfriends that I consider "lifers". I know they would do anything for me. One even saved my life once, literaly!

I'am also a daughter, sister and sister-in- law, and in those relationships I try and do my best also!

All that I'am and all these "hats" I wear come with a lot of stories. I'am sure these stories will come out as I start blogging.
Welcome!

7 comments:

julie said...

I found you from your introduction on Jennifer's cite. Hello and welcome to the blogging world. I am new on the scene also, only a few weeks older than you - blogging, I mean. I hope you are encouraged by telling your stories writing your thoughts!

McMom said...

Thank-you Julie! I don't know why but I am nervous about starting- but it is probably just because it is something new.

Keasty said...

Hey... I like you already! Top Gun the movie...yehhh!! And you live in Valrico, FL. I live in Australia, but will be arriving in Miami on 15 March with my wife Fay. And you love music and singing. What a great that is. Can I call you Cheri?

McMom said...

Yes keasty you can call me Cheri. I love my name. I don't hear it much at home. It is usually Mommmmm or Honey! We just moved here from Germany in July. Thats not close to Australia though. We have not been to Miami yet, just Orlando for Disney world. I never get tired of Disney. We have family in Jacksonville also. I think I like Top Gun because I am a military brat and now a military wife.

Seeker said...

You should tell us the story of when your friend saved your life!

McMom said...

I'll have to do that! Soon!

M. C. Pearson said...

Sounds like we've a lot in common!