Wednesday, March 01, 2006

MRI Today

I had my MRI today- although it almost didn't happen! After almost 2 months of referrals and waiting for this appointment, they were almost not going to do it because I did not have a script in hand that said, " she needs an MRI of her brain and pitutary". Never mind that they had the referral from my insurance company in hand! My Dr. did not hand me a written script for it. She called in a referral to the insurance company and gave a verbal order. Anyway I started crying like a big baby !! I took alot for me to arrange to even be at the MRI! I had to go to the Air Force Base clinic , which takes an hour or more to get to in morning traffic. I also had to arrange for someone to watch my daughter and get her to school. Well I blubbered! They were very nice to me and called my insurance to see if they had the script and then they called my Dr. and asked her to fax one over.

I finally got my MRI, which went well, and in a few days , 3-5, I should know if the tumor is back or not. When I/we know we can deal with it accordingly! Just a little more waiting! Stay tuned!

6 comments:

aola said...

I've been by two or three times today to see what happened. At least it is done.

Good thoughts coming your way.

aola said...

Oh, BTW, where is Valrico?

McMom said...

Valrico is a "bedroom community "of Brandon FL and is about 20 miles south and east of Tampa. MacDill Air Force Base is, where my husband is stationed, is in Tampa, but south of downtown on the penisula you see sticking out into the Tampa Bay. If there were a bridge you could go from Valrico to the base in half of the time.

Jennifer said...

I would have cried too! Here you are, not only did you have to rearrange your schedule and all that, but the whole reason you went was because you might have a tumor! It’s not like you were getting your teeth cleaned or something! Geesh. I am so glad everything worked out, though. And I will be praying about the results.

Seeker said...

What's the word on this, Cheri?

McMom said...

I am waiting for results! I am going to call today to see if they have the report yet!
Thank-you all for thinking of me!